You should not always present the same resume you have even though you always updated it because you also need to make changes. If you want to highlight your skills, do it. If you want to highlight your work history, then do it also.
Professional Resume 2018
You need to remember that your resume is a marketing tool and not it is about your autobiography. It is your chance to call the attention of the readers that is why you should be careful in writing details. You need to be concise all the time.
The fact is that you need to get five to six interviews for each 100 targeted resume you submit. If you are not getting any, then you have a bad resume. To know more information, here are helpful tips you should know.
- Update: To have a professional resume, you need to update your resume all the time. Updating it is necessary and provides the recent information and not the old ones. Current information gets more attention.
- 6 to 7 bullets: You need to ensure that you provide six to seven bullets for the position you have written. If you have lots of bullets, cut it down and make it condense. No matter how good your bullets are, the hiring manager might never read it all.
- Not more than 30 seconds: Change your resume if the employer reads it for more than 30 seconds. Cut down your resume and make it shorter.
- Important keywords: If you do not present essential keywords in your resume, you need to do it. You need to read again your resume and include keywords that are missing.
- Ensure experience is updated: You need to make sure that your experience is updated all the time. You should include the recent ones going backwards.
Professional Resume 2018: What to Include
- In your resume, a complete name is essential. You should include your contact number so that the hiring manger will know how to contact you.
- In the description, including the name of the company with short explanation is important.
- If you’re working for agency, list down the expertise and your clients within specific industry.
- In the education section, list the university, the degree and the dates.
- If you are good or fluent in English, make sure to include it also.
Resume Etiquette 2018 Don’ts
- Avoid submitting more than two pages resume
- Avoid including too muck keywords
- Avoid using too much graphics and bullets
If you know how to craft a professional resume and what you should do and what you should not, you are guaranteed to present a great paper to the employer. You need to ensure that all information is included in 2018 resume trends. If it too much long, cut it and remove the unnecessary details that will not help you in your job application. Start crafting your resume today and begin impressing the company and the employer. Ensure you have a good impression to get attention of the hiring manager!