Resumes for high school students are pretty much different as compared to writing a seasoned professional’s resume. Today, we’ve prepared a couple of resume tips 2019 that will make your high school resume outstanding and effective.
Tips from Resume Examples for High School Students
- Create an outline that gives you a quick guide on how to start and how to finish your resume. This will include those things that you will include in your resume, such as your formal work experience, activities and volunteer works.
- Don’t create a long resume. Instead, keep it to one page. This should have all the needed information, such as your name and contact information as well as your work experience, awards and honors, scholarships and other pertinent details.
- Make use of a bullet list when enumerating your responsibilities and your accomplishments for easy scanning. Remember, you only have about 30 seconds to capture the employer’s attention. Leave a good impression with an easy to read application just as what you can see in resume examples for high school students.
- Write your informal work experience, especially the paid ones that gave you the chance to make money in 2019.
- Enumerate your activities. Because you may not have much work experience to list down, you can make use of your important life activities to show that you have good work ethics, values and characteristics that make you a good candidate.
- List your extracurricular activities, such as in academics and volunteer activities. If you are a member of a sports team, list it, too, along with your position (e.g. team captain) in the latest resume format for 2019.
- Promote your performance and attitude, such as a perfect attendance record, punctuality….
- Use keywords, action verbs that speak about a skill.
- Proofread your draft and edit it before final copy writing.
Did you know there is a specific resume format for engineers? Learn more!
Why Should I Care for My Resume?
Follow these tips when coming up with the newest resume format in 2019 for high school students. For one, a high school student does not have much work history to write and not many skills to enumerate. However, there are still positive aspects that one can make use of when writing his or her resume for high school. Be sure to include your most important accomplishments recommended in official resume and career building sources to draw the employer’s attention in this area in the resume templates for high school students you use.